Welcome to Servikus Tutorials Area! You will find a ton of useful tutorials in our tutorial area. We hope that you will find them useful! If you want custom tutorial created, please let us know and we will create it for you!
Tutorials aimed for advanced users and, mostly, Dedicated Servers owners.
cPanel related tutorials
WordPress related (installation, plugins, tips etc)
How to change WordPress admin password (Advanced)
If you tried to change your WP admin password this way How to change WordPress admin password and you didn’t managed to change it then this tutorial might help you. This is how to change password directly, through phpMyAdmin in your cPanel.
1. Login into your cPanel account and go to phpMyAdmin
2. Expand your WordPress database (usually have wp suffix) and click on wp_users
3. Find user where user_login says admin (usually at the beginning with id 1) and click Edit next to it.
4. Find user_pass field and enter your desired password (password in example)
5. Expand drop-down list in field Function -> Choose MD5 (important!)
6. Click Go
Tested on phpMyAdmin 4.0.5.